Sunday, August 29, 2010

Next Moto Champion: Gerloff takes convincing win over Lewis and McFadden in first RevÂ’It Moriwaki MD250H Powered by Honda race at Indianapo...: USGRPU Press Release:
Gerloff takes convincing win over Lewis and McFadden in first Rev’It Moriwaki MD250H Powered by Honda race at Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN – 28 Aug 2010: Garrett Gerloff took the lead on the second lap and never looked back, taking a convincing win in the Rev’It Moriwaki MD250H Powered by Honda race on a sunny Saturday afternoon at the 2010 Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix. Starting from pole, Gerloff was beat to turn one by Jake Lewis with Peter Lenz in pursuit. Gerloff went past Lenz and set out after Lewis, who led the first lap. Gerloff went past on lap two and immediately pulled out a lead that grew each lap.
'I was a little worried,' said Gerloff. 'Peter got around me after I ran off the track a little bit. I passed Peter and caught back up to Jake, just trying to keep focused. I tried to pull away and not have as much pressure at the end if he was right behind me.'
Jake Lewis tried valiantly to hang with Gerloff, going half a second faster than he had qualified, but to no avail. 'I was trying to hang on and pushing it to the limit, but he was just going really good today,' said Lewis. 'Halfway through the race I looked back and saw Nick and Peter right there, and I was like Gosh, I didn’t know they were still there!’, so I started pushing even harder. Towards the end of the race, my foot started slipping off the peg and I made some silly mistakes and they caught right up. Nick passed me after the finish, it was close but that was good.'
Nick McFadden was able to go with the lead group at the start, and passed Lenz on lap four. Lenz latched on and pushed McFadden to the end, both riders turning their fastest laps on the last lap as they saw they were closing on Lewis. 'I was just trying to catch up after getting a bad start,' McFadden said. 'Stefano Mesa passed me going off the back straightaway, and I got separated from him and Peter a pretty good ways. I just put my head down and tried to catch up. After I caught Stefano and got past Peter, I could see we were reeling in Jake. About halfway through the race, Peter showed me a wheel and I just outbroke him and kept my head down.'
Stefano Mesa held on to finish fifth, four seconds ahead of Ryan Matter, who finished four seconds ahead of Joe Roberts in seventh place. Grayson Gerloff won a race-long battle over eighth place ahead of Nick Hansen, Ben Young, Andre Ochs and Austin Medrano, with the five riders nose-to-tail throughout the race.
Rev’It! Moriwaki MD250H Powered by Honda Race One (12 Laps)
Rider Gap
1. Garrett Gerloff
2. Jake Lewis 12.397
3. Nick McFadden 12.603
4. Peter Lenz 12.649
5. Stefano Mesa 26.861
6. Ryan Matter 30.745
7. Joe Roberts 34.756
8. Grayson Gerloff 44.491
9. Nick Hansen 44.801
10. Ben Young 45.331
11. Andre Ochs 46.158
12. Austin Medrano 48.684
13. Kaleb De Keyrel 1:03.306
14. Brandon Altmeyer 1:03.482
15. Tyler Linders 1:04.921
16. Lex Hartl 1:05.073
17. Cassidy Heiser 1:05.126
18. Max Flinders 1:11.769
19. Ben Truslow 1:17.458
20. Bruce Degrilla 1:43.368
21. Cody Sousa-Saints 1 lap, crashed out, rider OK
22. Alex Wisdom 1 lap
23. Xavier Zayat 3 laps, entered pits and retired
24. Jasper Hankey 7 laps, entered pits and retired
The second of the two Rev’It! Moriwaki MD250H Powered by Honda 12-lap races is scheduled for Sunday morning at 10:20am, followed by the World Championship 125cc, Moto2 and MotoGP races.
The USGPRU is the officially recognized 125 Grand Prix National Championship® and 250 Grand Prix National Championship® series. The popular Moriwaki MD250H spec-bike youth class and the exciting new Moto3 classes round out a real GP experience. The USGPRU provides a unique opportunity for riders by providing extended length grand prix racing with timed qualifying and superb contingency and sponsor support. Race and practice format is designed to prepare riders for the experience of 2-wheel racing at the highest levels.
For more information, please visit www.usgpru.... http://feonews.com/nextmotochampion/next-moto-champion-gerloff-takes-convincing-win-over-lewis-and-mcfadden-in-first-rev%c2%92it-moriwaki-md250h-powered-by-honda-race-at-indianapolis #FeONews #NextMotoChampion

No comments: